PRESENT: Jamie. Hockin (Chair), Dave Chaplin (Secretary), Deborah Dearham, Rev. Jan Lougheed
REGRETS: Deborah Lester
GUEST: Joe Smarkala (financial issues – items 2 and 3)
CALL TO ORDER: 11:50 a.m.
1. RECOGNITION OF QUORUM: there being three members present, a quorum was recognized.
2. Agreement re: Council decision to defer loan repayments for the summer months.
Given the current level of available funds, the expected lower contribution levels during the summer months and the agreement of the lender, the Board agreed that repayments towards the principal of the loan should be deferred for the summer months. AGREED
3. Review church insurance coverage.
A review of the current insurance policy and its coverage noted that it included Directors Liability protection and reflected all recommendations for amendment of coverage of the past. The Trustees requested that this issue be brought back to the Board in the late fall when the annual renewal of the policy is scheduled. AGREED
4. Review of the fire safety plan.
The board has the 2013 fire plan and noted that contact details (names and phone numbers) should be updated. Annual fire extinguisher checks are being done and the Principal of the Russian school is aware of measures to be taken should the alarm sound.
5. Consideration of the need for the Treasurer to be a member of the Board.
General discussion concluded that such a move would put the church treasurer in a position of conflict of interest. The church treasurer will not be appointed to the Board. Should the church’s investments become complex or of a significant size, the position of a treasurer of the Board will be considered. AGREED
6. Appointment of Rev. Gallinger to the Board.
It was noted that Rev. Gallinger is an ex officio member of the board.
7. ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 12:18 p.m. moved by Dave Chaplin.